Eucharistic Reflection - Come Home With Me, Lord!



(Image source: Wikimedia Commons)


“Here, it is so quiet, Lord. I love the quiet. It helps me absorb the idea that You are here with me, that You and I are visiting. Sometimes it seems so noisy away from here that I can’t find a still place to even try to seek You out. You are elusive in the noise!


Still, I can hear the climate control systems of the building. I can hear the distant sounds of cars, sirens, playing children, barking dogs. These sounds are worldly background. In Your human form, you experienced all these noises, Lord. You know of the distinctions.


At moments like this, I can even hear my heart beating. I can hear each time I inhale and exhale. Do you breathe in Your glorified body? Do you breathe with me, Lord? Does Your Sacred Heart actually beat? Can our hearts actually beat together, in rhythm with each other?


I listen for the glory of You, our Creator, in the muted sounds surrounding me. Are You in the usual sounds around us? Are You even in my breathing and beating heart? Are You in the thoughts that pass through my mind? I want You to completely fill every thought I have and everything I am. I want to detect Your presence with my senses.


Here, it is easy to think of You, to spill my heart to You. Here the noises are not invasive. But at home, at work, in the stores, in the crowds, the sounds that block my thoughts of You are deafening.

I am comforted here in Your quiet peace. I can more easily perceive Your love here than in the midst of the world’s distractions. Come home with me, Lord.”

(From “An Hour With Jesus”)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024