Eucharistic Reflection - Food For Your Salvation and Nourishment In This Life

(Image source: Wikimedia Commons)
Dearest daughter, contemplate the marvelous state of the soul who receives this bread of life, this food of angels, as she ought. When she receives this Sacrament she lives in Me and I in her. Just as the fish is in the sea and the sea in the fish, so am I in the soul and the soul in Me, the sea of peace. Grace lives in such a soul because, having received this bread of life in grace, she lives in grace. When this appearance of bread has been consumed, I leave behind the imprint of My grace, just as a seal that is pressed into warm wax leaves its imprint when it is lifted off. 

Thus does the power of this Sacrament remain there in the soul; that is, the warmth of My Divine charity, the mercy of the Holy Spirit, remains there. The light of my only-begotten Son's wisdom remains there, enlightening the mind's eye. The soul is left strong, sharing in My strength and power, which makes her strong and powerful against her selfish sensuality and against the devil and the world.

So you see the imprint remains once the seal is lifted off. In other words, once the material appearances of the bread have been consumed, this true Sun returns to His orbit. Not that He had ever left it, for He is united with me. But my deep charity gave Him to you as food for your salvation and for your nourishment in this life where you are pilgrim travelers, so that you would have refreshment and would not forget the blessing of the Blood. I in my Divine providence gave you this food, My gentle truth, to help you in your need, See, then, how bound and obligated you are to love Me in return, since I have loved you so much, and because I am Supreme eternal Goodness, deserving to be loved by you.

(St Catherine of Siena from The Dialogue)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eucharistic Reflection - To Have The Right Intention

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 7, 2024

Pondering Tidbits of Truth - March 21, 2024